Offering DOT physicals, Coast Guard physicals and OGUK physicals as well as fit-for-duty exams.
In addition to the physical examinations listed below, we also provide Functional Capacity Evaluations and OSHA-regulated substances exams.
Occupational Physical Exams
Basic Physical Exam
- This hands-on “basic” physical exam can be conducted whenever a physical is needed that is not mandated by a specific governing agency. It can customized for any specific company and/or occupation.
- This process includes an interview and exam by a medical provider, vital signs, urinalysis and vision screen, along with a health status report. If additional testing is required, it can simply be added to the standard non-DOT exam.
DOT Physical Exam
- The Department of Transportation (DOT) requires a physical examination to be conducted on commercial drivers. The medical examiner must be certified and registered in the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) national registry.
- All of the medical providers at Global Health's Occupational Health Center at HASC are certified and registered to conduct these examinations, and we are well-versed in which drivers are healthy enough to possess a medical certificate.
Coast Guard Physical Exam
- The U.S. Coast Guard provides specific mandated criteria in order for a mariner to be considered competent to work aboard a vessel. Many health conditions and medications require careful consideration by a medical provider to ensure the mariner will be healthy and safe while working.
- At the Occupational Health Center, our medical providers are well-versed in U.S. Coast Guard examinations and requirements.
Oil and Gas United Kingdom (OGUK Physical)
- In order to work in the North Sea, offshore oil and gas workers must have an exam performed by a registered OGUK doctor.
- Currently, there are less than 80 registered providers in the United States who are credentialed to perform this required exam.
- This exam can be conducted at the Occupational Health Center, as we are certified by OGUK as a registered doctor.
Fit-for-Duty Exam/Return to Work Exam
- Proper assessment of an employee’s health status is critical in identifying risk and avoiding a potential injury when returning to work following a medical condition/injury.
- Because we are specialists in occupational medicine, we understand job demands and how to interpret those into work status.
- The fit-for-duty exam can be strengthened by incorporating a Functional Capacity Evaluation (FCE) to the exam process to objectively assess any current or previous physical deficiency.
To schedule an appointment or for more information, please contact us.