DO YOUR PART | CLEAN. DISTANCE. PROTECT.
The health and safety of our industry is our utmost priority as we work to fulfill our mission of building safe workplaces. In that light and the recent developments of COVID-19, we are taking additional precautions to mitigate the spread of the virus.
We continue to reinforce best practices with our employees and visitors and have taken steps to protect the health of everyone who enters our facilities by:
- Required risk-screening for all entering HASC facilities - Questions are related to health and travel history. Effective March 30, 2020, per Texas State Governor Abbott’s most recent executive order, the Houston Area Safety Council will not be admitting anyone who has traveled in the past 14 days from the states of California, Louisiana, and Washington; as well as the cities of Atlanta, GA; Chicago, IL; Detroit, MI; and Miami, FL to any of our training or health testing locations to best protect our members and their employees.
- All entrants are required to sanitize their hands upon arrival at all HASC facilities
- Social distancing through increased space between each partitioned training station in labs and decreased class sizes to allow for 6 feet of separation between trainees
- We are only offering the following instructor-led courses at our Pasadena training center as of Monday, March 30th:
- Our NCCER Lab and Library will remain open from 7:00 am to 3:30 pm, with a test start time cut-off at 1:00 pm
- Additional hand sanitizing and additional stand-alone hand-washing stations with universal tips and sanitary instructions
- Disinfecting training stations, keyboards, and all materials before and after each use, and using disposable pencils and materials in all classrooms
- Suspended all non-essential pulmonary function testing, but will continue to issue respirator clearance letters (MEQs)
- Expanded ability for employee screening through our teleSTAT program to eliminate unnecessary doctor visits
- Increased janitorial services
- Signage throughout our facility with universal precautions
- Training and updates by our medical providers and instructors
- Complimentary micro-learning opportunities throughout our Pasadena campus regarding COVID-19
Our medical team is continuously monitoring the CDC updates and will advise if circumstances and recommendations change. We will continue to share updates through our website, email, and social media pages.
The Houston Area Safety Council and Global Health services fall under the Cybersecurity & Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) guidelines for support of the Essential Critical Infrastructure Workforce. Per CISA, this includes those who support energy, food and agriculture, water and wastewater, transportation and logistics, critical manufacturing, hazardous materials, and chemicals.
Additionally, Harris County Precinct 2 Commissioner, Adrian Garcia, has stated that HASC is exempt under the stay-at-home order. We will continue to serve our members and our industry as we work to fulfill our mission of building safe workplaces.
HASC | Wellness Update: What we are doing in response to COVID-19
Download HASC COVID-19 Wellness Update - PDF
COVID-19: WHAT HASC IS DOING
HASC | Global Health - Coronavirus (COVID-19)
HASC | Webinar: Industry Impact of COVID-19 with George L. Delclos, MD, MPH, PhD
Below are printable PDFs that you can put up in your workplace regarding proper hand-washing and hand sanitizing, along with wellness tips.
HOW TO USE HAND SANITIZER