DO YOUR PART | CLEAN. DISTANCE. PROTECT.
The health and safety of our industry is our utmost priority as we work to fulfill our mission of building safe workplaces. In that light and the recent developments of COVID-19, we are taking additional precautions to mitigate the spread of the virus.
ACCESS PAST WEBINAR RECORDINGS
WHAT HASC IS DOING
We continue to reinforce best practices with our employees and visitors and have taken steps to protect the health of everyone who enters our facilities by:
- Required risk-screening for all entering HASC facilities - Questions are related to health to best protect our members and their employees
- To continue doing our part in COVID-19 prevention and promoting best practices, and in accordance with Governor Abbott's executive order, all HASC locations will require all visitors to wear a mask or other face-covering when on our campuses
- All entrants are required to sanitize their hands upon arrival at all HASC facilities
- Social distancing through increased space between each partitioned training station in labs and decreased class sizes to allow for 6 feet of separation between trainees
- Offering only the following instructor-led training courses to reduce class sizes and allow for social distancing in the learning classroom:
- Basic Plus – Monday-Friday, 7 & 11 am (Pasadena campus)
- Supplied Air – Monday-Friday, 7:30 am & Tuesday & Thursday, 1 pm (Pasadena campus)
- HAZWOPER – Monday-Friday, 7:30 am
- First Aid & CPR/AED – Wednesdays at 7 am (Pasadena campus)
- Additional hand sanitizing and additional stand-alone hand-washing stations with universal tips and sanitary instructions
- Plexiglass partitions in our eLearning labs and classrooms to provide separation for trainees on our campuses
- Disinfecting training stations, keyboards, and all materials before and after each use, and using disposable pencils and materials in all classrooms
- Suspended all non-essential pulmonary function testing, but will continue to issue respirator clearance letters (MEQs)
- Expanded ability for employee screening through our teleSTAT program to eliminate unnecessary doctor visits
- Global Health now has nasal swab lab tests and nasal swab quick tests (15 minutes), in addition to antibody tests, available for employers to order for their employees - Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your employees
- All tests used at Global Health are FDA approved and the clinic is one of the first in the Greater Houston Area to provide these tests
- Increased janitorial services
- Signage throughout our facility with universal precautions
- Reusable masks available at front desks for all visitors who need a mask
- CLEAN. DISTANCE. PROTECT. handwashing action item and best practice badges for employees and trainees
- Training and updates by our medical providers and instructors
- Staff checkpoint for handwashing and sanitizing prior to entering all facilities, and masks provided to all staff to comply with current CDC recommendations
- Complimentary micro-learning opportunities throughout our Pasadena campus regarding COVID-19 with coach-to-text testing options to reduce time spent in the lab testing
- New pandemic and N95 eLearning courses
Our medical team is continuously monitoring the CDC updates and will advise if circumstances and recommendations change. We will continue to share updates through our website, email, and social media pages.
The Houston Area Safety Council and Global Health services fall under the Cybersecurity & Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) guidelines for support of the Essential Critical Infrastructure Workforce. Per CISA, this includes those who support energy, food and agriculture, water and wastewater, transportation and logistics, critical manufacturing, hazardous materials, and chemicals.
Additionally, Harris County Precinct 2 Commissioner, Adrian Garcia, has stated that HASC is exempt under the stay-at-home order. We will continue to serve our members and our industry as we work to fulfill our mission of building safe workplaces.
COVID-19: What HASC is Doing
COVID-19 Micro-learning with Dr. Tommy Hysler
COVID-19 Antigen Quick Testing
Training Center Visitor POV
Occupational Health Clinic Visitor POV
Below are printable PDFs that you can put up in your workplace regarding proper hand-washing and hand sanitizing, along with wellness tips.
HOW TO USE HAND SANITIZER