The Emergency Medical Responder Training course provides the skills and confidence to take action and prevent tragedies by managing trauma, handling medical emergencies, and dealing with environmental issues.
This course includes the following topics:
- Cardiac Arrest Management/Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- Patient Assessment/Management, Trauma
- Patient Assessment/Management, Medical
- Bag Valve Mask (BVM) Ventilation of an Apneic Adult Patient
- Oxygen Administration by Non-Rebreather Mask
By completion of the course, trainees will receive a 2-year certification in Advanced First Aid from the National Safety Council. Trainees will also receive a course completion certificate (CCC) for eligibility to test for the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians, as well as the Texas Department of State Health Services’ exam.
PLEASE NOTE: The cost of the class includes lunch.