Hazardous chemical releases pose a significant threat to employees and contractors. Your ability to recognize hazards and apply safe work practices can help ensure your safety as well as those around you in the facility.
The knowledge you gain in Process Safety Management – Contractor will help you avoid exposure to hazards and provide your company with a competitive edge in providing a safer work place.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will possess a higher level of understanding of Process Safety Management (PSM). Participants will also understand how each element of the PSM standard may apply to them. They will:
- Understand the history behind PSM
- Gain awareness of each of the fourteen (14) elements of PSM
- Become knowledgeable of contractor specific elements of PSM
- Understand some basic hazard identification
- Gain more insight into how safe work practices save lives
- Understand their role in the utilization of safe work practices
- Gain awareness on whose safe work practices they are to follow
- Learn the key elements of an emergency response or action plan
- Be aware of their roles in emergency response and actions
- Understand general safe work practice training requirements
- Understand site-specific training requirements