This training provides a classroom presentation, written test, hands-on practice and skills testing session. The classroom portion focuses on key information needed for safe operation of an aerial boomlift and scissor lift. The hands-on portion provides the opportunity to practice skills in a safe environment under the direct observation and coaching of an instructor. Operator skills will be evaluated using industry standards. The training is not make or model specific but covers concepts common to most types of aerial boomlifts and scissorlifts.
Upon completion of this training program, you will be knowledgeable and demonstrate proficiency in:
- main parts and their functions;
- safety systems;
- pre-use inspection and safe operating procedures;
- limitations, hazards, and controls.
- This training program focuses on the needs of the “end user.” Upon successful completion, the trainee will receive an operator's certificate and a wallet card.
- Trainees must wear long pants, long sleeve shirts, and boots (steel-toe recommended) to attend the class.)
- This training is an instructor led classroom follow-up with hands-on evaluation and is intended for operators unfamiliar with this piece of equipment or new users.
- January 11
- March 15
- May 17
- July 26
- September 13